Men’s feet are pretty low-maintenance, but they can still benefit from some basic foot care. After all, nobody likes funky feet 😊 Rough skin, bad odor and nasty nails are a major issue 😊 Keep your feet in great form with these foot care tips for men;
- Apply body lotion immediately after showering to maximise moisture absorption and prevent dry skin. If you already suffer from dry patches, moisturising your feet 1-2 times a day can dramatically improve their appearance.
- Wash between your toes. A lot of guys don’t pay much attention to their feet, even in the shower. The area between your toes traps dirt easily and is a breeding ground for bacteria; athlete’s foot may develop if you don’t regularly clean between your toes.
- Wear shoes that fit. Rough skin on your feet is usually the result of wearing shoes that are too tight. The tightness creates friction that can contribute to calluses. Your feet need space so get shoes that fit properly and have soft padding to reduce your risk of calluses and corns. You should also be using shoes that are appropriate for whatever activity you’re doing.
- Trim your nails the right way. When you trim your toenails, make sure you’re trimming them straight across and not rounded. Rounded nail-cutting can increase your risk of ingrown toenails, which is pretty painful. Also, trim your toenails at regular intervals. Your toenails can become extremely long, increasing their risk of breaking and becoming infected.
- Exfoliate 2-3 times a week. Using a men’s body scrub on your feet can help remove dull buildup and other debris that can attract bacteria.
- Wear sandals or shoes in communal locations like the gym or public showers. The warm, humid floor of the locker room is swarming with bacteria, so always wear something on your feet at these types of public places.
These tips apply to the ladies also 😊